FalconEarlyBirds~The Round Body Years 1960-1963 1/2

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This is a Ford Falcon Enthusiast site only, Not Affiliated with Ford Motor Company...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: '63 Falcon Sedan Paint Process  (Read 22746 times)

Bob

• Administrator
Re: '63 Falcon Sedan Paint Process
« Reply #90 on: Oct 16, 2013, 07:40:05 AM »

oldbleu, Thanks for the heads up on the TASCA emblem I bought one from Dearborn. Just out of curiosity, why did you mount yours in the location you did as apposed to farther over to the left and a little higher ? Don't get me wrong the emblem looks good in the spot you chose, I'm just wondering if you researched as to the location TASCA would have placed it ?

oldbleu

• Atascadero, CA
« Reply #91 on: Oct 16, 2013, 08:55:13 AM »

I was looking for a flat spot that did not have any obstructions on the back side. I had seen other TASCA emblems mounted in that general area as well. Since they were originally mounted by everybody from a mechanic to a salesman to a lot boy, I went with a spot what I thought looked good and and provided a good foundation for the emblem. The body shape and other moldings kind of dictate where you can mount the emblem. Getting it straight the first time is a factor as well.

I also used a small die and carefully threaded each of the two mounting studs. I can't remember the size off the top of my head, but it was something like 8-32 or 10-24. I then used a Ford reproduction nut, the kind with the sealer on them, to hold the emblem to the car.

Your mileage may vary.

Bob

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: Oct 16, 2013, 06:29:07 PM »

The reason I ask is I have a Futura and have the Sprint spear style moldings on the back on both side of the fuel cap. I got my emblem today and I was thinking of putting it on the top side of the molding be cause I was concerned about the outward curve at the bottom on the rear body panel. I tried the emblem backwards ( pins out ) in both places above the spear and like you have it ( which would be below the spear ). I think the emblem looks better like you have it below the spear and I think it will clear the curve, did you have any problems with the emblem not being close or tight enough to the body panel ?  I have a favor to ask of you, will you measure the distance from the bottom of the F on FALCON to the top of the TASCA emblem for me Please ?                  
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2013, 07:39:11 PM by Bob »

oldbleu

• Atascadero, CA
« Reply #93 on: Oct 17, 2013, 12:10:21 PM »

No problem.

I tried to get the emblem as low as possible. The problem is that the lower part of the sheet metal is curved which kind of dictates how far down the emblem can go.

I suppose I could have installed the emblem a little farther to the left, but I am happy where it is.

You can see the nuts that were used to hold the emblem to the body in this picture. I had the spears on the back of my Falcon, but they were removed. The "FUTURA" letters on the back where changed for the more generic "FALCON". I have to answer fewer questions that way.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Bob

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: Oct 17, 2013, 12:34:45 PM »

That's Great just what I needed, Thank You. and buy the way that is a pretty color. I bet it's going to look awesome under the street lights !

Bob

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: Oct 17, 2013, 02:33:31 PM »

Thanks oldbleu,  I have it on. I put it about 1 inch farther over to the left than yours but under the molding. post a picture later it's raining now. Your picture measurements made it a lot easier to do it right.   

Bob

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: Oct 22, 2013, 10:26:54 AM »

finally got around to the picture. You can't see by the picture but the TASCA emblem is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch below the molding, it's not toughing it.
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2013, 10:48:21 AM by Bob »

Veach

« Reply #97 on: Oct 22, 2013, 02:46:12 PM »

Looks good on both Y'all's Rides I may have to get one for mine
Post Something It Don't Hurt

oldbleu

• Atascadero, CA
« Reply #98 on: Oct 22, 2013, 02:48:19 PM »

It looks great!

I am glad everything worked out. Even though this is a relatively simple installation, a little pre-planning can never hurt. Good job!

oldbleu

• Atascadero, CA
« Reply #99 on: Feb 14, 2014, 09:13:29 PM »

It has been one year, almost to the day, since I dropped off my '63 sedan at the paint shop. Today I finally got around to hauling the car home so I could get back to work on it. It is nice to have it back in the garage.

Next up will be the installation of some Dynamat on the inside of the roof. Then the car will go out for a new headliner. That will enable me to be able to install the windshield and rear window. Plenty of work left to do on this one.

oldbleu

• Atascadero, CA
« Reply #100 on: Apr 30, 2014, 02:46:06 AM »

It is running once again, but I really need to get a headliner and glass back in it.    :-\

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up