FalconEarlyBirds~The Round Body Years 1960-1963 1/2

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Front fender braces  (Read 973 times)

papawfalcon

Front fender braces
« on: Sep 30, 2014, 07:17:33 PM »

I was working on my Ranchero today I was putting my front fenders and found out that out of three sets of fenders I had no brace.(Or  rusted broke) My Ranchero  is not stock. I don't know if  they can be bought or if I need to make them. I hope someone could help by saying where to buy or length and a picture to make them. Thanks Ken.
FALCONS AND RANCHERO'S FOREVER

oldgrezmonke

• Finger , TN
Re: Front fender braces
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2014, 01:12:25 PM »

Here's a link to a picture - http://tffn.net/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=34393  . The brace is relatively thin [1/16" ?] with a shaped center [probably to stiffen ?] 1 3/16" wide . There are right and left versions , see below . Mine measured 15-15 1/2" [hard to measure on the car] . On one end there is a shallow 90* bend about 1 1/2" from that end - this attaches to the body . The other end has a 3" long diagonal bend [one each way for right and left] , also fairly shallow , starting about 1 1/2" from that end - this attaches to the fender . IIRC the bolt hole at the fender end is slotted and the other hole was a bit over-sized . Hope this helps . I could not find a vendor that sells those so salvage sellers would the only hope but I'd bet those are usually sold with the fenders .
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2014, 01:26:33 PM by oldgrezmonke »
First car - 1961 Falcon Deluxe 4door , had 1968-73
Present - 1963 1/2 Falcon 4door base model , since 2009 ,
frequent driver , work in progress
Yes I like 4doors
Lifetime member # 117 NSRA
Former ASE certified mechanic
FCA member # 13677

papawfalcon

Re: Front fender braces
« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2014, 05:48:12 PM »

Thanks oldgezermoke. The picture  and general description will get me there thanks. I had a feeling they were not reproduced .
FALCONS AND RANCHERO'S FOREVER
Pages: [1]   Go Up