FalconEarlyBirds~The Round Body Years 1960-1963 1/2

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This is a Ford Falcon Enthusiast site only, Not Affiliated with Ford Motor Company...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 63 1/2 falcon outer wheelhouses/wheel wells needed  (Read 2212 times)

635bird

63 1/2 falcon outer wheelhouses/wheel wells needed
« on: Dec 30, 2014, 08:54:02 PM »

Working on the rear quarter panels of my dad's 63 1/2 falcon and found that it needs the outer wheel wells replaced.  Are there any aftermarket pieces available?  I've heard that the pieces available for a 65/66 mustang may work, can anyone verify that?  If those two options are out, anyone know of a good source for "used" panels?   Thanks, I'm new to the forum and need help.

Bob

• Administrator
Re: 63 1/2 falcon outer wheelhouses/wheel wells needed
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2014, 06:26:22 AM »

Hi Welcome to the forum.

I looked for years and never could find any good used parts to replace my rear wheel wells and 1/4 panels. I'm not sure about the 65 66 Mustang inner and outer wheel wells working on a Falcon and I can't be sure that they make reproduction parts for the 1960 to 63 Falcon. I ended up getting front and rear 1/4 panels from Macs and making inner and outer wheel wells from a 4'X8' sheet of metal I bought at a machine shop I used to work at. I have include some pics. of what I had to deal with before and after shots. I have more pics. if you want to see them email me.   

Bob

• Administrator
Re: 63 1/2 falcon outer wheelhouses/wheel wells needed
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2014, 06:30:43 AM »

More pics.  Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up