FalconEarlyBirds~The Round Body Years 1960-1963 1/2

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moderated By: bob  &  bkmaurer

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2015 Fabulous Fords Forever  (Read 10263 times)

oldbleu

• Atascadero, CA
2015 Fabulous Fords Forever
« on: Feb 21, 2015, 06:02:31 PM »

The largest all Ford car show in the West will take place at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, California on Sunday, April 19, 2015. This year, the Fabulous Fords Forever car show will celebrate their 30th year. This show is sponsored by the Ford Motor Company and typically brings out over 2,000 Fords of all models, types and years. Usually there is a good turn out of round body Falcons as well.

Additionally, there will be lots of real unique and rare Fords to see.

Entries are done on-line. I hope to see you out there. I will most likely bring the Ranchero out for this event.    ;)

Veach

Re: 2015 Fabulous Fords Forever
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2015, 06:16:45 PM »

Man I wish I was able Please take and post lots of pictures
Post Something It Don't Hurt

oldbleu

• Atascadero, CA
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2015, 03:23:41 PM »

Well, today was the big day. The 2015 Fabulous Fords Forever car show at Knott's Berry Farm is history until next year. As usual, there were about 2,000 Ford cars and trucks on display from all over the western states. Many big name vendors were also represented with displays, booths and give-aways. I toured displays from Roush, Edelbrock, Ford Racing, Saleen, Carrol Shelby Engines, Ford Motor Company and many more. Lots of really great Ford stuff was on display.

This year, the number of round body Falcons was somewhat limited as compared to other years. The majority of the Falcons at this year's show appeared to be of the 1964-65 era, but I did manage to gets some pictures of the earlier vintage Falcons as well. The number of entries in each class varies from year to year.

There were three bone stock Falcons sharing the grassy center stage area which is typically reserved for special cars. The first was this 1960 Falcon (above) with only 20,000 miles on the odometer.

Right next door was this 1961 Falcon that was reported to be one of the very first Futura models. Both of these cars looked like they had just rolled off the assembly line.

The above picture shows Falcon row. Plenty of Falcons to see, usually with the owner nearby so you can get the story behind many of the cool modifications that are performed on these cars.

This black denim Falcon appears to be a 1960 version that has a '62-63 front bumper and other subtle modifications.  I kind of like the low gloss paint.

This 1962 Falcon had a very nice paint job. I am not sure about the choice of wheels.

To be continued...........

« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2015, 03:27:01 PM by oldbleu »

oldbleu

• Atascadero, CA
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2015, 01:43:59 AM »

The main entrance to the show is located next to the Independence Hall replica building. As you can see there were plenty of Mustangs in attendance.

The picture above does not even begin to show the huge number of Ford cars and trucks waiting around the corner.

This year's show had a rather large display from Shelby and Carroll Shelby Engines. They brought out the heavy hitters for this one. There were at least 4 real 427 Cobras in attendance as well as a nice 289 powered car. If you are a viewer of the Velocity channel, you may be familiar with a show called "Chasing Classic Cars" with Wayne Carini. The red Cobra SC shown above was the subject of a recent episode of the show. Wayne had been given the task of selling the car on behalf of the original owner. The car has a racing history and has been driven by many well know drivers. The car was sold to a party in San Jose for somewhere around 2 million dollars. The last few minutes of the program showed the red Cobra being loaded up in a semi-trailer for the trip out to California and the new owner. If you go to the Chasing Classic Cars web page, you can see a short clip showing Wayne and the car.

Another interesting car was this '65 Mustang. I am sure this is a clone as nobody would modify their genuine GT350 like this, but it was an interesting exercise in engineering and body work.

There were several Rancheros of all years in attendance as well. I focused on the early Rancheros that are basically a 2 door Falcon station wagon with the rear portion of the roof removed.  The white '61 shown above looked very nice with a V-8 and Magnum 500 wheels.

As mentioned earlier, there were several Ford race cars at the show. The Galaxie shown above is a 1964 Ford 2 door hardtop done up to resemble the car that Fireball Roberts last drove at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. The car was brought down from Sacramento to be in the show. There were several '63-64 427 Galaxies to check out.

If you are a Falcon convertible fan, there were several to choose from. While looking at these photos, check out the back grounds an notice how far the cars go. There are two large lots with nothing but Mustangs and Broncos. I didn't have the time to go through all of those vehicles. If you are ever in southern California in mid-April, you should definitely consider taking in this Ford car show. I am kind of spoiled because it is in my back yard, but I have managed to attend each year if at all possible. Vehicle entry is about $40, but spectators get in free. How can you beat that?

Pages: [1]   Go Up