FalconEarlyBirds~The Round Body Years 1960-1963 1/2

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moderated By: bob  &  bkmaurer

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lower Control Arms '61  (Read 450 times)

georelle

Lower Control Arms '61
« on: Jan 17, 2017, 09:41:10 PM »

I am in the process of rebuilding my 61 2 door. I ordered a set of new lower control arms with ball joint only to find out they don't really work.  The stud for the spindle is too big. After checking a little closer I have found that the '60 and '61s must have a smaller spindle stud on the lower control arm.

I have found the lower ball joint at falconparts but one of my lower control arms is bent and needs to be replaced. Does anybody have suggests where I can get a lower control arm for 60-61? Or is there a way to make the control arms I have work? I thought about drilling out the spindle with a tapered bit but I think it would have to be the same taper to get a solid fit.

I got a few requests out to see if I can find one but no replies yet.

I have a new set of lower control arms for '62 and later Falcons if anyone is interested.

Thanks all for any help or suggestions.
Georelle

oldbleu

• Atascadero, CA
Re: Lower Control Arms '61
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2017, 01:18:10 AM »

Are you referring to the ball joint stud on the lower control arm? I would start by having a look on ebay. There is some used stuff that might be of value.

I would also check with Mac's Auto Parts or Melvin's Classic Ford Parts. Both have a huge inventory of stuff. If they
don't have what you need, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

georelle

Re: Lower Control Arms '61
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2017, 01:37:04 PM »

Thanks Bleu -
A fellow forum member Hotrodguy is hooking me up with a set. I found an old post of his that he had a set and sent him an email. He still had them on hand and the deal is in the works.

Hope to have them soon and get this project back on track.

So the new ones I have are for sale if anyone wants them. They are Moogs and pretty nice. ;D

Cheers
-G
Pages: [1]   Go Up