FalconEarlyBirds~The Round Body Years 1960-1963 1/2

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This is a Ford Falcon Enthusiast site only, Not Affiliated with Ford Motor Company...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lock cylinder removal  (Read 1186 times)

mzkytspet

Lock cylinder removal
« on: Jun 18, 2007, 11:40:19 AM »

I need to remove the lock cylinder from the door of my '60 Falcon so that I can take it to a locksmith to have a key made.  I used to have a Chilton's for this car, but it seems to have gone missing with the keys. Long story short don't trust your friends. 

Can anyone tell  me how to remove the cylinder, and provide pics if possible?  I am not terribly mechanically inclined, but am getting there.  Also if anyone knows where I can find repair and restoration informatin online including pics I would love to have that information too.  I have been looking for a repair manual online.  I paid almost $50 for the first one, and it would really hurt to have to pay that again.

Thanks in advance!

Bob

• Administrator
Re: Lock cylinder removal
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2007, 02:06:12 PM »

can't help with the manual other than this, check this out on the lock.  ;)  http://falconfaq.dyndns.org/

Dick

Re: Lock cylinder removal
« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2007, 06:51:20 PM »

Underneath the door weatherstrip (parallel to the lock) you will find a metal clip that you can pull out.  It will release the lock and you can then remove the lcck from the out side.  It will be a struggle to get the clip out and it would be a good idea to spray some penetrating oil on it from th clip side and let it soak fo awhile.  The trick will be putting it back in!
Pages: [1]   Go Up