FalconEarlyBirds~The Round Body Years 1960-1963 1/2

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moderated By: bob  &  bkmaurer

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: '61 long roof luggage rack info needed  (Read 2182 times)

61dragginwagon

'61 long roof luggage rack info needed
« on: Nov 05, 2006, 04:09:47 PM »

As I posted in my introduction; I've collected parts & pieces from 3 luggage racks from '61 & 62 Falcon wagons, over the years. Now, numerous years later, I'm ready to drill the holes in the roof. After pulling out the pieces, I've found that the stainless strips that mount to the roof are 2 different lengths. Can anyone verify the correct length for either '61 or '62? How about the number of strips that screw to the roof?

1bad6t

• My 60 Falcon
Re: '61 long roof luggage rack info needed
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2006, 11:57:58 PM »

I sold a rack a few months ago. I didn't notice a different length. You will have 4 ribs in the middle. The outer ribs are different to mount the bar. Check out this pic on another guys Falcon http://www.rickwrench.com/rackpads.html

http://1bad6t.com/falcon.html
Jeff in Georigia
60 Tudor V8
64 V8 Tudor Wagon

61dragginwagon

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2006, 06:20:18 AM »

I have 2 complete sets of roof strips, but they're 2 different lengths. This is my delimma........ The rack mounts to either length strip.
 I also have 2 complete sets of the rubber. They've been rolled up & in the shade for many years. They're in great shape.
 At least that's one thing I won't need.
 Thanks!

k63futura

« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2006, 01:13:17 AM »

Hi. Did you get the info that you needed? I have a several wagons and I think one or two have luggage racks. If it's not raining tomorrow, I'll count the strips and measure them. Keith

61dragginwagon

« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2006, 06:11:05 AM »

Hi,
 I was finally able to measure the roof of the '62 Falcon wagon that I removed the rack from. (I thought it had been bailed years ago, but is still in the junkyard) The '62 had a strip thats about 63 inches long. So, the shorter ones fit my '61.......
 Thanks for responding!

k63futura

« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2006, 09:39:05 PM »

Glad to offer to help. If there's anything else you need checked, let me know. Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Up